Just like with films, there are a lot of TV shows out there that look great in their respective trailers, but when you come to sit down and watch them, you start to realise that they are a waste of your precious time. A good TV show should be one that leaves you asking for more when you finish the latest episode. Apart from the popular ones like The Simpsons and Keeping Up with the Kardashians, we will be reviewing some awesome TV series you should check out. Some are centred on comedy, while others are for the whole family.
Awesome Family TV shows
- Shameless: Created by John Wells, this show was first aired in the year 2011. The series portrays a single father raising six children. He is either always drunk or wasting time with meaningless activities while his children learn to take care of themselves.
- This is Us: This show premiered on NBC on September 20th, 2016. It uses flashbacks to show the main family at various moments in their past, though it’s set in the future.
- Fresh Off the Boat: Created by Nahnatchka Khan, this American sitcom was first aired on February 4th, 2015. The series follows a Taiwanese family as they try to adapt to Florida.
Comedy TV Series
- The Big Bang Theory: This was created by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady and first aired on CBS on September 24th, 2007. The show follows a bunch of geeky scientists who live in Pasadena, California.
- The Last O.G: This is a comedy series developed by Jordan Peele and John Carcieri that first aired on March 31st, 2018. It follows a recently discharged convict who discovered his ex-lover is raising their children with another man.
- Family Guy: This is an animated sitcom created by Seth MacFarlane which was first aired on January 31st, 1999. It follows the life of Peter Griffin and his family.